Monday, May 10, 2010

My Review of Target's New Moon DVD

I know it's all about Eclipse right now, but I thought I'd share my review of Target's New Moon 3 Disc Deluxe Edition DVD (plus bonus collectible film cell) before the next movie comes out (51 days and counting until Eclipse!)

I ordered my New Moon DVD online from Target to get the collectible film cell, and it arrived at my door the week after the DVD was available. Overall, I'm very happy with my purchase.

Collectible Film Cell
First, my collectible film cell was the scene with Bella in the water and Edward floating upside down beside her; one of my favorite stills from the movie.

I'm very happy with it, although I'm not quite sure what I'm supposed to do with it, other than hold it up to the light to see the cell. (And I have to use a magnifying glass to see the details.) Does anyone else know what we're supposed to do with this cell, other than save it as a souvenir?

Disk 1: The Movie
The movie itself was very enjoyable to watch again, and I liked the director's commentary, although I wish Rob and Kristen could have done the commentary too, like they did for Twilight.

Disk 2: 6-Part Documentary and Music Videos
I enjoyed watching the documentary and music videos.

Disk 3: Extra Material
The material on this disk was even better than on Disk 2. It included Deleted Scenes, Interview with the Volturi, Fandimonium, the Beat Goes On (music of New Moon), and Frame by Frame (storyboards to screen).

Deleted Scenes
My favorite deleted scenes included Charlie puts Bella in Bed (scenes with Bella and Charlie are always good!), Bella's Nightmare (very strange and creepy, not at all what I expected), and Victoria Driving (it was nice to see her in a talking scene, although it was also kinda creepy).

Interview with the Volturi
I think the Volturi are very cool, so this was fun to watch. I'm looking forward to seeing more Volturi in the upcoming films.

Fandimonium
More fan stuff. It was okay.

The Beat Goes On

I enjoyed this, but it ended too abruptly. I was hoping to hear more bands, or maybe some Alexandre Desplat.

Frame by Frame
This was cool to watch. They displayed the storyboard beside the finished film for comparison. It was interesting to see the differences, and some of the expressions on the storyboard characters were very funny!

So, what did you think of your New Moon DVD purchase? Let us know in the Comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment