Thursday, May 20, 2010

My Impressions of Appearances on the Ellen DeGeneres Show

Sorry I'm a bit tardy with my post--I've been very busy this week at my kids' school. Everything seems to happen at the end of the school year!

Anyways, onto my post about Rob's and Nikki's appearances. First, I have to say that I'm not a big fan of daytime talk shows. I only make the exception when Twilight stars are involved. :-)

Nikki Reed's Appearance on Ellen
I was pleasantly surprised by Nikki Reed's appearance on the Ellen DeGeneres Show. I hadn't really seen her as anything other than the Rosalie character, but Nikki herself seemed very sweet, warm, and genuine. And funny. And I loved her scene from Eclipse with Bella. It's nice to see a different side of Rosalie. With each new Eclipse preview, I'm more excited about seeing the movie!

Here's the preview of Rosalie talking with Bella ("Bella, I envy you"):



Rob Pattinson's Appearance on Ellen
I already expected Rob to have shorter hair for his appearance on Ellen's show, but it takes some getting used to his new hair style. It definitely makes him look older and less Vampire-y, if you know what I mean. As long as he lets his hair grow back out for Eclipse, I'm okay with it.

Rob was, as usual, charming during his interview. I especially enjoyed his "nits" reference and his self-effacing humor. (I can hardly wait to see him, in person, at the Eclipse Convention in Los Angeles!)

As for the lucky lady from the audience who got to "pat" him down--Oh My Gosh! I giggled the whole time she was up there, touching him all over! What a trouper Rob was, to allow a complete stranger to do that to him! And how funny that she guessed wrong! (She wore a blindfold and was supposed to identify him just by touch.)

I'm looking forward to seeing many more Twilight star appearances on the talk show circuit as the Eclipse release date approaches. (41 days and counting!)

No comments:

Post a Comment