Thursday, June 24, 2010

Disneyland Visit and Celebrity Sightings

Sorry I haven't had a chance to post for a while.

I've been very busy with our visiting niece (who's definitely NOT a Twilight fan) and going to Disneyland (we just returned last night). So now I'm back, and ready to post!

My family had a blast at Disneyland--we saw the new World of Color water show, and it was spectacular! If you're visiting Disneyland, you need to get Fast Pass tickets to the show first thing in the morning beside the Grizzy River Run ride in California Adventure, to get the best view of the show.

And speaking of the Grizzly River Run ride, I happened to see a major Twilight celebrity shopping with their family in the gift store beside the ride. The celebrity (I won't name them) stood right behind me in line at the cashier. I heard their voice, recognized them, and stared at them for a moment, wondering what to do.

The celebrity looked back at me, waiting to see my reaction, with a look on their face that said, "Please don't." So I smiled and said nothing. I turned around and bought our souvenirs, then left the store. All the while, I kept thinking, should I say something? But in the end, I decided to respect their privacy with their family, although I was quietly freaking out about it.

After I left the store, I looked back and noticed that the celebrity had covered up with a big hat and glasses, and left the park quickly with their family. No one else had noticed them, that I could see.

The next day, my family saw Miley Cyrus trying to walk through the LAX airport to her limo. She was being mobbed by the paparizzi and one crazed fan who wanted Miley to sign two pink kiddie guitars for him. Miley looked very upset, and the situation looked dangerous with everyone attacking her.

I felt very sorry for Miley, and was really glad that I'd respected the privacy of the Twilight celebrity at Disneyland. Sometimes, we fans forget that celebrities are real people with families who sometimes just want to enjoy themselves on vacation, like the rest of us.

So, what would you do if you saw a celebrity with their family at Disneyland? I'm posting this question in the sidebar to see what you would do in that situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment