Friday, June 25, 2010

Alma-Marie's Review of the LA Eclipse Convention (part 3)

Volturi Vampire Ball Photos
Twi-K and I bought the Cullen Crest A package, which included the Friday Night Gala Volturi Vampire Ball. Twi-K dressed up as Victoria from Eclipse, and I dressed up as Rosalie from New Moon (in the black dress from Bella's birthday party). We also made a centerpiece of the tent scene from Eclipse.

Click here to see how we made our Eclipse tent scene centerpiece.

Click here to see how I put together my Rosalie costume for the Ball.


Note:
This is a long post with lots of photos. To see them all, click the link below.

Twi-K and I (Alma-Marie) posed with the Hillywood actors at the Ball.


Here is Tinsel Corey (at the far left) with the winners of the Twilight trivia contest. These lucky ladies got to dance with Justin Chon, Kiowa Gorden, and Michael Welch!


Ball Costumes

This lady made her entire ball gown herself, and won the Best Costume Contest!

Here are a few more elegant Twilight-themed ball gowns.


And a few more Twilight-themed costumes.


Here are two Victoria costumes, one from Twilight (on the left) and Twi-K's costume from Eclipse (on the right).


Here's Bella's birthday dress (from New Moon). I thought she looked a lot like Bella!


Here's me (Alma-Marie) in my Rosalie costume (from Bella's birthday party in New Moon).


Twi-K in her Victoria costume (from Eclipse).


Best Dancer Contest

Hillywood Bella chose the best dancer at the Ball (a little girl). She was really great!


Hillywood Alice awarded the Best Dancer Award to the little girl.


Twilight Centerpieces

This movie theatre, all hand-made, won the Twilight Centerpiece Contest.


This was our tent scene (from Eclipse) centerpiece.


This was the Downtown Forks centerpiece.


This was the Lion and the Lamb centerpiece.


This was the Choose Edward or Jacob centerpiece.


This was the Twilight Apple centerpiece.


This was the Meadow Scene centerpiece.


Twilight Celebrity Concert

I really enjoyed listening to Tinsel Korey and Gil Birmingham at the Twilight Celebrity Concert after the Volturi Vampire Ball. They both seemed very relaxed and professional on the stage. I really liked their styles of music, too.

Tinsel Korey gave a lovely performance. She had a beautiful singing voice.


Gil Birmingham sang and performed a number of his own compositions for us.


Kiowa Gorden and his band, Touche, invited the audience to come up to the stage to be closer to them. Then the band started playing their instruments as loud as they could, and Kiowa jumped around the stage, screaming out the lyrics.

Twi-K and I left after two songs. A few fans stayed to listen, but I think I'm too old for this style of music. It was definitely energetic and loud!


Twi-K and I had to fly home on Sunday morning, so we missed the rest of the convention. That's okay, because we already saw all of the main celebrities and events on Friday and Saturday.

I had a fabulous time at the LA Eclipse convention. I highly recommend attending any of the Official Twilight Conventions run by Creation Entertainment!

For more photos of the Hillywood actors and the Vendors area, check out my review of the LA Eclipse Convention (part 1).

For more celebrity photos from the Eclipse Convention (including Taylor, Kristen, and Rob), check out my review of the LA Eclipse Convention (part 2).

No comments:

Post a Comment