Saturday, July 3, 2010

How I put together my Rosalie Costume for the Ball

Here's how I put together my Rosalie costume for the Volturi Vampire Ball at the LA Eclipse Convention back in June.

First, I looked at Rosalie's clothing from Twilight, New Moon, and the Eclipse previews (Eclipse hadn't been released in theaters yet.) I chose Rosalie's black dress from Bella's birthday party scene in New Moon.



To copy this look, I needed a black dress, black shoes, Rosalie's pendant necklace, earrings, and dressy vampire makeup.

I found an adjustable-length black dress (Evanese adjustable jersey tube dress) from Overstock.com.

It had adjustable side straps to pull the skirt up on the sides, which is similar to the style Rosalie wore, where the hem of her dress is shorter at the front. This dress was strapless, but Rosalie's dress had spaghetti straps, so I wore a black top with straps underneath my dress.



I found the "Victoria" black shoes (5 1/4 inch heels with 1 1/4 inch platform) at the Bakers shoe store. Even though the shoes were very tall, they fit very comfortably and weren't too bad to walk in. (Thanks, hubby, for helping me choose these gorgeous shoes!)

By the way, I was really excited to see that Ashley Greene (who plays Alice) wore the same Victoria shoes (in Blush color) to the LA Eclipse Convention. She has great taste!



I ordered Rosalie's Cullen pendant necklace from amazon.com.



I found some nice black chandelier earrings from Charlotte Russe.



I bought the Twilight Volturi Makeup Kit from Hot Topic (which is no longer in stock.) I used the darker lip gloss, allover shimmer, and purple eyeshadow for a really pretty effect.




...and here's the final result...me in my Rosalie costume at the Volturi Vampire Ball!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful. Thanks for posting. myspace dot com /twilightconventions
    Anita (I was at the convention too)

    ReplyDelete