Saturday, April 10, 2010

Bill Condon to direct Breaking Dawn?

According to recent rumors, Bill Condon might be the director of Breaking Dawn. My initial reaction was, "Wow, that should be interesting."

I happen to love the movie Chicago (I own the DVD and the soundtrack for it), and I liked Dreamgirls okay, but I'm not sure I want to see the same super-charged razzle-dazzle applied to Breaking Dawn. (Can you imagine Breaking Dawn as a musical!)

Then again, Bill Condon was able to transform Chicago, an "unfilmable" musical, into an Oscar-winning movie, so maybe he can successfully transform Breaking Dawn to the screen, too (and maybe even make it Oscar-worthy). He does seem to like to take on challenging projects and push the envelope.

Note: I know that Bill Condon has worked on several other horror-thriller movies, but I'm not very familiar with them. At least he has some experience with the genre.

If Bill Condon does become the director of Breaking Dawn, I can only hope that he remains true to the spirit of the Twilight Saga and respectful of the Twilight fans.

Whoever is chosen as the director for this movie, I look forward to seeing what he (or she) can do with the finale to this amazing story.

No comments:

Post a Comment