Sunday, February 13, 2011

Jane Barbie Doll Now Available! (and My Review)

My daughter and I were shopping for a birthday gift at Toys R Us yesterday when I spotted the Twilight Eclipse Jane Barbie doll at the front of the story (right beside the Justin Bieber dolls--ha!) I hadn't heard that Jane was available yet, so it was a serendipitous surprise!

Price
Jane costs $24.99 at Toys R Us, which is the same price as the Victoria and Alice dolls. I noticed that this doll costs a lot more to purchase on Amazon.com ($38.31) so I would recommend shopping around your local toy stores before ordering Jane from Amazon.

Packaging
The packaging was the same as the other Twilight dolls, with a photo of the Jane movie character on the back and her catch phrase, "The Volturi don't give second chances." It wasn't difficult to open the box and slide out the doll, but she was very securely attached to her box, especially her boots.



Appearance
The Jane doll is very elegant and grown-up looking, and not really like the little girl I imagined her to be. Her black hooded coat is soft and velvety with six tiny buttons down the front of it. A bright gold necklace with a Volturi pendant peeks out from under Jane's coat. She's wearing black satin mittens and black Victorian-style boots. Jane wears black tights under her long coat. Her make up is beautifully done, just like the other Twilight Barbie dolls.



I wondered if Jane's hood could go down and what she wore under her coat, but all of Jane's clothing was stitched shut so you can't easily remove it without ripping out the tiny stitches. My daughter was disappointed that she couldn't remove her hood and see Jane's hair (which was styled in a bun at the back). I had a feeling that if I removed Jane's mittens or boots, I'd never get them back on Jane again. (We never did get Victoria's boots back on again.)

I also noticed that while Jane can sit and her arms and head move like a regular Barbie doll, her knees don't bend and she can't stand up on her own. She actually looks better when she's mounted on her display stand. She seems to be designed to be more of a collectible/display doll than a doll for playing with. But that won't stop us! :-)

Part of our Barbie Twilight Set
Jane fits in nicely with the rest of our Twilight Barbie dolls. We used to use Stacey to play Jane (see the photo below), but my daughter feels that the Jane doll plays the part so much better ("she's cute!")



So here's our first scene, including Jane with the rest of our Twilight Barbie dolls--Victoria, Alice, Jacob, Kelly (who plays Renesmee), Edward, and Bella. We look forward to many happy hours of Barbie play dates with our favorite Twilight characters!

1 comment:

  1. Excellent!!! What an incredible idea...
    Jane Volturi is one of my inspirer!

    ReplyDelete