Thursday, September 23, 2010

Finally! Victoria and Alice Barbie Dolls!

Yes! I finally bought the Eclipse Victoria and Eclipse Alice Barbie dolls from Target today!




By the way, I called our local Toys R Us store first to see if they had the new Twilight Barbies today, but they hadn't received them yet. So I visited our local Target store, and they had the Victoria doll in stock for $24.95. I had to drive to another Target to get the Alice doll (which cost $27.49!)

So here they are, fresh out of their boxes!

First Alice...



My daughter helped me remove Alice and Victoria from their boxes. She remarked that the backgrounds and trees in the boxes looked very lifelike, especially Victoria's. The tree in Victoria's box appeared to have scratches on it (possibly from a bear's claw?) Anyways, we saved the boxes as "homes" for the dolls.

My daughter noticed that Alice's necklace doesn't come off, but that Alice's shoes fall off very easily! Also, Alice's feet are very tiny, and she doesn't stand up on her own. Her knees do bend back a bit, and she can cross her legs a bit.

A close-up of Alice and her necklace:



Alice's shoes:



And here's Victoria...



My daughter loved Victoria's long hair, but mentioned that her curly locks could easily get tangled while playing with the other Barbie dolls, and that her hair would be hard to brush. I suggested she take extra care to keep Victoria's hair neat and tidy.

Victoria stands up on her own fairly well. I think Victoria looks very confident and classy. She is taller than Alice, and almost as tall as the Edward doll. Her knees bend a bit, but she is not as flexible as the Alice doll, and doesn't sit very well. Victoria's jeans go down past her toes and tuck into her boots. My daughter thought it was hard to put on the boots again (Victoria's feet seemed a bit flimsy/bendy.)

My daughter also thought that the long coat really made Victoria look like a vampire (with the black details around the edges), but without the coat, Victoria looked just like a normal girl.

A close-up of Victoria and details of her clothing:



Victoria from behind, showing off her hair and coat:



By the way, my daughter held up the dolls in the sunlight to see if they sparkled like Edward. Unfortunately, they didn't sparkle at all. (I guess no one sparkles like Edward!)

Even without the sparkles, we both thought that Alice's and Victoria's skin tones and makeup were very beautiful.

Overall, we're happy to welcome Alice and Victoria to our Twilight Barbie family, and we highly recommend both dolls to any Barbie collector!

So here's our Twilight Barbie family so far (Alice, Jacob, Kelly as "Renesmee", Bella, Edward, and Victoria):



Update: Here's a link to my review of the Twilight Barbie Bella, Edward, and Jacob dolls, too.

7 comments:

  1. OMG you are jus crazy for twilight! (jaja just as me). I think is a cool colection!!!
    XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I had to get all the barbies for my lil gal too. Jane is marked to come out March of '11 :) For Victoria's hair you can wash and reset with wig shampoo, it works great on barbie hair since its made for synthetic locks.
    All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. have you seen jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is there a carlises doll?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is there a carlises doll?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well look on ebay some one repainted a doll ans it is alot like carlises
      http://www.ebay.com/itm/OOAK-Carlisle-Cullen-Repaint-Custom-Ken-Doll-Clothes-Twilight-Saga-New-Moon-/120969295217?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c2a54f571

      Delete